Just finishing up week two in my new school placement. Just about getting used to the new art rooms and new students. Last year my tutor told me I should bring some of my own art into my schemes for the students, so I made a conscious decision to try and do just that this year. Having worked both in animation recently I decided it would be an exciting project to tackle with my students. I began the scheme with the origins of animation -Victorian animation machines and toys of the 1800's. First we made a thaumatrope, the most basic animation of all, combining just two frames/images. I asked them to brainstorm the themes 'pairs' or 'opposites' in a mind map. I was really happy with the results and the imaginative approach some students took.